Monday, March 07, 2011

Happy Womens day :)

It is obviously a good day to talk about how Women have influenced my life. The two most important women who have played a major role in my life are my Grandmother and my mom.

My Grandma was a double PhD one in English and one in Sanskrit in an age when women did not work she was the head of two departments. she used to drive a car and did so much even for the community. She passed away due to cancer when I was still young but she taught me a lot her hands were there to guide me as a child. I never understood what was wrong with her because I was too young to understand, but I thank her everyday for who she was.

My Mother what can I say about her. I always wonder how she has so much energy after working all day. A doctor par excellence and an amazing human being. She has always been my comfort cushion. I have grown up to realize that nobody can come close to my mother's greatness. She is the epitome of calm and the saint of compassion. She has changed a community one at a time.

When I look the strong women in my life I feel it is wrong to thank them and appreciate them only one day in the year. Everyday they deserve to be appreciated and told how much you love them.

No comments: