Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The idiot box will show it's true power tomorrow when the India Vs Pakistan cricket match is on. Much like the days of Ramayana on DD when the roads used to be empty, the shops closed and the masses stuck to the TV screen.

Like the days of yore when children discussed the last episode of Chandrakanta and I looked on like an amused buffoon because I never saw it and when I did try it was too imbecilic to me.

The whole commotion around the match is quite unnerving. I mean one team will lose no matter what even if they play their heart out. What then, there will be group of nincompoops who will call for the heads of the players does not matter which side of the border I am referring to both the sides are the same. There will be huge stories on conspiracy and someone will become the scapegoat. All thanks to the team you say? No all thanks to the idiot box which has given us the freedom to do this.

Oh then don't watch it you say? I am not against it I am in awe of it the influence that it has on our lives. It does not matter if it is sports, politics, social life, etc it influences us all. Amazingly it is called idiot box.

No comments: