Monday, April 11, 2011

The India I want to live in...

I have a dream that one day there will be school in each village, a day when healthcare will be provided to each and every citizen.

I have a dream that one day the roads will be clean and no filth everywhere. I have a dream that one day children will be given options. A day when religion will not be the calling card for people where it will not matter which state or region you are from.

One day when every normal citizen will not pay the traffic police to get away where we will not pay to get into school where we will not forge certificates and degrees.

I have a dream that one day each child in this country will be allowed to follow her / his dream. Where they will not be frowned upon for the choices they make.

I have a dream that one day my country will rise from the past and live for future where the farmers will be given their due. The true leaders honored and the petty issues resolved.

I have a dream that one day we will be one again.

PS: Cycling to work gives me time to think

No comments: