Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New day, innit?

That word first it drove me mad
then it made me feel understood and now it makes me miss the things.

Yes it was a decision that I made that I did not want to work in "innit" but I do miss some things. I definitely pine for nightingale road. Me house on the commons. The walks along the Pompey fort walk where on one side is the sea and the other side is the fort. Brilliant I say.

Well that and the assortment of things we used to do as the E-7 Massive.

My journey to the UK needs to be credited to someone else though not me. Thank you. I would never have experienced the splendor of oxford from the eyes of a non-tourist. I would not have walked along river watching the rowers. Well these places would not have been haunting memories if it were not for the company.

Pompey I can sing an ode to. I can compose ballads for thee. Me house was exactly what I wanted and still want. The pub around the corner where you know the owner and pop by to have a word on your evening job. The sandwich shop run by the two French girls who tried teaching me French. The flat-mates from different countries. All beautiful and alluring but I still felt "Do I Belong?" same as I do now. Are my ideals very different from others? Is the way I think a little too radical?

I may not know the answer today. But I know I have had a good life so far and met some amazing people along the way.

No comments: